Get a Medical Cannabis Cardin Maryland
HOW TO APPLY FOR A MEDICAL CARD
What you will need:
1. An email address
2. The last four digits of your Social Security Number
3. A valid government-issued photo ID
4. Proof of residency in Maryland
5. A clear, recent photo of yourself on a white background
6. Payment of $50 for the patient application fee
Note: All documents must be dated within the past 90 days
More information about accepted documents and eligibility for payment waivers can be found at mmcc.maryland.gov.
1. Complete and submit an online application
Visit the MMCC registry (OneStop Portal) and click Create Account under the Patients heading. Be sure to verify your email address.
2. Receive approval from the MMCC
Completed applications will be reviewed by MMCC and you will receive a follow-up email advising whether or not your application has been approved. This email will include your MMCC Patient ID Number, which your physician will need to issue your written certification for medical cannabis. Once you have a written certification, you will also need to provide your Patient ID Number when visiting a licensed dispensary to purchase medical cannabis.
Optional: Designate a caregiver
3. Visit a registered physician to confirm you have one of the eligible conditions
After receiving MMCC approval, you are ready to visit a provider registered with MMCC to obtain a valid certification proving that you experience one of the qualifying conditions. Once fully registered and in possession of a valid certification, you will be able to print your temporary MMCC patient ID card, this will be required to purchase medical cannabis from a licensed Maryland dispensary.
4. Visit a Dispensary to purchase Medical Cannabis
Please be sure to have valid photo ID and your MMCC Patient ID Number with you when you visit a registered Maryland dispensary.